04 June 2010

Please Join My World Cup Bracket Compeition

Over the coming days I'll be discussing various methodologies for making World Cup predictions, ranging from ostentatiously sophisticated economic and financial approaches to naive forecasts based on simple economics to using the odds from the handicappers and others (suggestions welcomed). I'll keep track of these various predictions and their performance using ESPN Soccernets World Cup Bracket Predictor.

I have just now created a group, creatively titled, RogersBlogGroup which is public. I'd like to invite you to join and see how your predictions stack up against the various approaches to prediction, which I'll be discussing throughout the Cup (other topics will be relegated for a short while;-). To join the group you simply need to sign up for a login, associate it with my group and and then enter your selections.

Good luck and remember ... prediction is difficult, especially about the future!